Collagen is an important element necessary for the proper functioning of the body. Collagen is essential for healthy and beautiful skin, so if you want to achieve that radiant skin, please read on.
There are a number of foods that provide the building blocks for collagen production. Healthy Times gives you the full shopping list.
- Soya products such as soyamilk and cheese contain genistein. Genistein gives soya products their collagen production qualities, and helps to block enzymes that break down skin.
- Dark green vegetables also contain collagen producing agents. They are rich in Vitamin C and eating them regularly will help your body to manufacture collagen effectively.
- Red fruits and vegetables are also good sources of collagen. These include red peppers, beets and tomatoes. They contain lycopenes which act as antioxidants and increase collagen production.
- Omega fatty acids found in fish such as salmon and tuna are also excellent because they create the ideal environment for collagen production. If you’re a vegetarian, you can still get the same fatty acids from nuts such as cashews and almonds as well as avocados.
- Foods that are rich in sulphur are also important in collagen production. Some examples of sulphur rich foods are green and black olives, fresh cucumbers and celery stalks. Working together with the sulphur, vegetables that are rich in Vitamin A help keep collagen levels high. Carrots and sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamin A.
It is important that you have a balanced diet that includes fruits and vegetables, important in collagen production. By doing this, you will see significant improvement in the quality of your skin tone as well as improved health.
Your free resource to help you make healthy food and lifestyle choices for you and your family.Click on the banner below: